For our new “Summer Crush” Cult Box, Brent Karlicek shows us some refreshing summer cocktails that we can easily make for any indoor or poolside venture! For detailed ingredients and steps, read below…
- Grapefruit-Cardamom Juice – 2 oz
- Sparkling Wine (Prosecco, Cava, or whatever you love!) – 4 oz
- In a sparkling wine flute, add 2oz of grapefruit cardamom juice.
- Slowly add sparkling wine until 3/4 of the way full, gently stir then top with more sparkling wine and enjoy!
Need details on Grapefruit-Cardamom Juice?
- Filtered Water – 12 oz
- Cardamom Pods – 2 each
- Combine sugar, water, and cardamom pods in a saucepan.
- Bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the syrup cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- Combine 4 oz of cooled Cardamom Syrup with 12 oz of ruby red grapefruit juice.
- Refrigerate the remaining juice and syrup.
- Blood Orange or Bitter Orange Aperitivo (Looking for suggestions? Check out Mommenpop or Cappelletti) – 2 oz
- White Vermouth (Dolin Blanc is delicious!) – 1 oz
- Lemon Juice – .75 oz
- Soda Water – 3 oz
- Orange Slice Garnish
- Add 2 oz Orange Aperitivo, 1 oz Vermouth and .75 oz Lemon Juice to a standard or stemless wine glass
- Fill the glass three-fourths of the way with ice, add 3 oz soda water, then stir
- Garnish with an Orange slice in the cocktail along the side of the glass and enjoy!